Which? is a subscription-only magazine and website run by Consumers' Association in the UK. It campaigns on various consumer issues and aims to promote informed consumer choice in the purchase of goods and services, by testing products, highlighting inferior products or services, and raising awareness of consumer rights.

Which? carries out systematic testing of consumer and financial products and services, the results of which (no pun intended!) are published in reports in the magazine. The Which? "Best Buy" label is well-known and respected by industry and consumers. Tests are carried out on consumer items like electrical goods, cars, and computers, as well as health and financial services, and supermarkets. Testing highlights issues such as reliability and value-for-money.

The magazine also raises awareness of trading it believes is against the interests of consumers. It offers advice on consumers' legal rights and reports on legal cases where it has fought for members' rights. In the May, 2003 issue, for example, the back page featured a couple sold a poor holiday who won compensation from their credit card firm. Another case featured was a life assurance company who had not maintained customer records properly and were forced to pay compensation. Which? also communicates regularly with the OFT and recently brought a "supercomplaint" against private dentists in the UK.


Sources:
Which? magazine, May 2003
www.which.co.uk


Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.