I made this for some friends earlier.

White and Wild Rice with Adzuki Beans
Cook equal quantities of white and wild rice together, the proportion of rice to water being 1 cup to 1 and 1/4. To the cooked rice add a tin of drained and rinsed adzuki beans with several roughly crushed cloves of garlic and a few drops of sesame oil.

Daikon and Kombu Soup
Simmer a good quality kombu in plenty of water for an hour. Remove the kombu from the stock, mince, and return it to the pot. Slice a daikon in half down the centre, then cut each half into thin half-moon shapes and add to the soup. Bring the soup to a rolling boil for about ten minutes. Finely chop a good quantity of fresh coriander and add this to soup along with the freshly squeezed juice of a lime. Season with sea salt and freshly ground white pepper.

Stir-Fried Greens with Mushrooms and Toasted Pine Nuts
Coarsely chop bok choy and nappa cabbage. Finely slice a red bell pepper. Clean a few handfuls of large cremini mushrooms. In a dry pan, lightly toast a handful of pine nuts and then pout them to the side. Bring a wok to heat then add canola oil and a few drops of sesame oil. Add the mushrooms and a splash of shoyu (soy sauce). When the mushrooms start to become tender add the bell pepper strips and greens and stir-fry for a few moments. Season with more shoyu and fresh white pepper.

Would you like to go to Vegetarian Meals That Aren't Just Brown Gack?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.