A piece of card, approximately A6 in size bearing a picture of a prostitute (or part of a one), and h(is|er) phonenumber. To be found stuck all over the walls of all public phone boxes within a 4-mile radius of Soho, London. Often stolen and used as pin-ups by students.

All whore cards are removed by the phone company several times a week, but the boxes are still full of 'em.

Once confined to simple black and white, they are now full colour glossy affairs, and quite possibly scratch and sniff.

Anecdote: The pimps who use these devices have no shame. I was phoning home from a whorecard-pastered call box. A guy is standing around outside. I figure he's waiting to use the phone. He stands there for a few minutes, then fumbles in his bag for something. It's a whore card. He removes the blu-tak from the back of the card and puts it on the front. He then sticks it to the outside of the box, whore side inwards, and walks off.

Whore cards are holography's Killer App.


Update, 20/11/2000:
I heard on "Have I Got News For You" last week that London school children collect these things use them in a kind of pokemon card trading game!


Update, 14/5/2000:
From today, a section of the Criminal Justice Bill comes into force making the Whore Card illegal. I thought they already were. I'm not sure what difference this will make to phone box decorators out there. I expect they will continue to provide colour (mostly pink) to the capital.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.