Most men drool over the very thought.

Here is why

  1. It's sexy. All men secretly know that a woman is going to be better at pleasing a woman.
  2. It's unknown. By its very nature, lesbianism is an unknown territory for the vast majority of men. We want to know what they get up to.
  3. It's aesthetics. Women look better than men. Men like to see people have sex, but men's bits look horrible. Lesbianism is a better looking way to go, you can enjoy seeing a woman in the throes of ecstacy, without having the last chicken in the shop look of a men's genitalia get in the way.

Guys don't like the thought of other guys spreading their genes around. Girl/Girl porn is a union (f'narr!) of not seeing others guys and enjoying women's pleasure.

in Addition to TallRoo's good reasons, porn is just as much about sound as pictures. Women in the zone sound much, much better than a man having fun. In fact, a man making sexy noises is a massive turn off for me.

Because the "lesbians" you're talking about are mostly-mythical creatures invented by the porn industry expressly for men to like watching, silly! Lesbian is a complex signifier, because it has to stand both for this lovely beast and for the many women who live every day with a lesbian identity, including women that many men find distasteful. It's cliché and only partially accurate to characterize it this way, but it makes some sense: the man-centered lesbian vs. the woman-centered. Generally, the lesbians in "real life" aren't interested in having men watch them, no matter how much pleasure they're giving or receiving. Which is why it's lucky for you that they invented that other kind.

I like unicorns, they're pretty.

The lesbian sex that is shown off in porn for the run of the mill straight guys is a bit... showy. All of them (from videos to magazines) are so femme. Just bring some porno actresses, and have them do to each other as if they're doing a man. The women are there to be exhibitionists for what straight guys think is sex between women. It's the same rationale of associating gay men with anal sex and lesbians with cunnilingus. Whatever they can do with each other, breeder folks like myself will never know (unless any of us are bisexual).

Joe Schmo with the VCR (or DVD player) remote does not feel threatened by seeing another well-hung guy onscreen. It's like the "lesbians" are screwing each other just for him.

Or I can say that guys will think "Oh yeah, they'll screw everything that moves" when they see a porno actress or any other women who had sex.

Did anyone ever stop to think that maybe we like lesbians because we are told to?
Do any of you male everything-oids remember thinking of lesbians before you saw lesbians on film/in pictures? I think that if we really thought about it, we will realize that we have simply all caught the Lesbian Meme.

In reality, I think we should fear lesbians. They will just make the rest of the women realize that men aren't really necessary at all.

I also think that it is possible that we are biologically required to look at naked female flesh and simply can't help our reactions to it.

See also: why do men like women's breasts?

Now I have forgotten where I read that ... anyway here goes: a theory says that man like to watch lesbians because women do not have a refractory period, that is to say, a built-in delay between orgasm and the return of interest in sex.

Basically, any porn that includes a guy fucking and then coming kind of implies that it will end - and the average guy is only too familiar with eiaculatio praecox.

Lesbian sex (again, in the fantasy porn world) is more of a continuous, possibly endless, activity. The sight of two lesbian sex kittens entwined and engaged in happy mutual cunnilingus or whatever it is that lesbian sex kittens do in flics, does not imply its own end.

And, at least in fantasy, men would enjoy infinite sex.

I am not entirely convinced, but it is a fun theory. And to answer to Hermetic above: for me, it was love at first sight. I did not need to be told that that was hot.

I'm honest enough to admit that I am turned on by lesbians. I got that fantasy on my own, rather than from viewing a smuggled Penthouse. But my fantasy is not logical. Women have sex with women, because women turn them on. Not because they're thinking of a man, have been abused, or because they haven't had the "right" man. Which is fortunate, because my experience suggests if the right man were a precondition for heterosexuality, we'd be extinct.

But I do have an idea that might explain why men are so turned on by lesbian sex. For lack of a better name, I call it Rutting Deer Syndrome.

Humans evolved from a common ancestor with most apes. Many species are organized in packs led by a dominant male and consisting of adult females and children, who are often his offspring. The "Leader of the Pack" earns his ruts by fighting, defeating other male challengers to his crown. This pattern is repeated throughout the animal kingdom, with rutting males fighting for the right to mate, although rarely to the death. This serves one evolutionary purpose in assuring the strongest get to breed. Of course, it also guarantees the most aggressive get to breed, and aggression is not always a desired trait.

But pity the poor dominant male. If he wants to screw, he has to fight. Everyone wants to knock him off. So while he gets his rocks off, he's also pretty sore. Dominant males enjoy a short time at the top before age or injury renders them unable to defend their crown.

In essence, the male attraction to lesbians is an evolutionary artifact. It's instinct. In lesbian porn men see two or more sexually receptive women, with no other male around to butt heads with! In addition, we have the potential to impregnate more than one woman. Nirvana for those who argue that our real purpose is to pass on our genes. Our pre-ape "instinct" wouldn't teach us that lesbians aren't interested. Lesbian behavior has been observed in modern apes, often as females negotiate dominance among themselves. Our inner homo erectus evolved regarding lesbian behavior being normal among the harem. He'll get his turn.

Unfortunately, I can think of no way to test my idea, so it can't become theory. But Rutting Deer Syndrome does explain why guys are so fascinated with women who agree that we aren't their type.

Unless, of course, its just the normal interest in things we can't have.

Dominant males orangutans often kill infants when they first achieve dominance, to return the females into estrus Which may be the same reason that when a human child is murdered or abused the first person suspected is the step-parent.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.