Why Noah Chose the Dove is the retelling of a classic Old Testament story by Isaac Bashevis Singer. It is illustrated by Eric Carle.

The book follows the story of the Great Flood as each animal recounts their good traits and the reasons why they should be included on Noah's Ark. The animals, however, began to argue with each other, believing that only a selected few would be allowed on the boat. Each species insulted the others while only boasting about themselves. The Dove was the lone animal that didn't boast, and when Noah asked him why, the Dove replied that every animal was created equal by God.

Noah took all the animals aboard, but he chose the Dove as his messenger and personal friend. The Dove, Noah said, was a bird of humility and peace and deserved to be honored.

The book is simply worded, and aimed at children 7 and under. The pictures are done in Eric Carle's classic style of layering colored tissue paper and are, in my opinion, the best part of the book.

Why Noah Chose the Dove was published in 1987 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR) publishing.



Thanks to:
www.amazon.com
www.powells.com
Why Noah Chose the Dove

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.