I had somehow discovered this internet dating/match making/website called love, I believe. So I browsed women looking for men. After awhile, I noticed one with a picture in my city, so I joined up, e-mailed her and lo and behold, we set up a meeting, in an Italian restaurant, no less. Well, things went quite well,and although there were things I thought might be problematic, we started seeing each other. She liked her place better than mine, so we spent most of our time there, and it was a very nice intimate setting which we made the most of.

It wasn't long before we were in the sack, and I began to believe this just might be a keeper. I don't know if it was because I wanted a keeper so badly, or I was just running on blind lust. Whatever, time went by and after about 4 months, Valentine's Day was sneaking up on us. About a week before, I mentioned how ridiculous I thought Valentine's Day was and how I usually ignored it. Well she was almost at tears when she told me how much that day meant to her and how much she was looking forward to it. Well, being the nice guy I wish I was, the week before the big day, I sent her a card (e-mail, that is) every day and I found myself using the word love a lot. On the Saturday before Valentine's, I even ordered flowers for the next day.

I woke up the morning of Valentine's and the misleading bull dookie I had been driveling the week before, hit me like a small insignificant tank. I all of a sudden woke up in my own skin realizing I had gone way too far in trying to please or meet someone's expectations for Valentine's Day. And so, being the nice guy that I am, I waited 'til the next day and e-mailed her and told her how I had gotten caught up in the moment and said things I shouldn't have and maybe we could get together and talk about the misconceptions in my mind. I felt so much better; so honest; so clean; so decent; so at peace. And then her e-mail arrived. With great anticipation, I clicked on it, only to read,"Why don't you just rip my heart out, it would be quicker and less painful!!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.