A prominent young Australian comedian, though his fame stems in part from the posse of moist-pantied jokies who squeal consistently about his cuteness. While he is a rather spanky lad, his talent will probably outlast their hormones. Wil has an impressive resume, with a plethora of live shows and television appearences, a nomination for the Perrier Award for Best Newcomer at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in 1999, and is now corrupting the minds of a generation on Triple J's breakfast slot.

The Triple J bio:

Wil Anderson found fame as a singer in a boy band before joining the Melbourne Comedy Circuit. He's taller than he appears on radio.

What Wil's management have to say about him:

Wil Anderson has had an interesting career path for a stand up comic. He actually began his media career as a journalist for the Financial Review covering politics in the Canberra press gallery. He then decided that he needed a real job and became a stand up comic, managing to become one of the nation's most accomplished.

Since then he has sold out live shows around the country, picked up a Perrier Best Newcomer nomination in the Edinburgh Fringe and has become a firm favourite on Good News Week and the co-host of Triple J's breakfast shift.

Wil's brand of comedy blends politics and pop culture into a seamless monologue ranging from the serious to the surreal.

Live Comedy

1996 - Now
Numerous performances in clubs, pubs, campuses and theatres nationally.

1997
Diet Life (Solo Show), Melbourne Comedy Festival (Melbourne Town Hall)

Support for Corky and The Juice Pigs, Melbourne Comedy Festival.

Show Pony - 10 week season with Corinne Grant
Builder's Arms Hotel in Melbourne

1998
I Am The Wilrus (Solo Show)
Adelaide Fringe Festival, Melbourne Comedy Festival.

1999
Stand Up Season at the Adelaide Festival Centre with TRIPOD

Wilennium (Solo Show)
Melbourne Comedy Festival, Sydney - "The Globe", Edinburgh Fringe Festival - "The Gilded Balloon".

Terra Wilius (Solo Show)
Melbourne Fringe Festival

2000
Terra Wilius
Adelaide Fringe Festival, Melbourne Comedy Festival

Who Wants To Be A Wilionaire (Solo Show)
Melbourne Comedy Festival, The Valhalla (Sydney)

5 thirty - With Adam Spencer
Melbourne Comedy Festival.

2001
Wil of Fortune (Solo Show)
Melbourne Comedy Festival

2002
Wil By Mouth

Television Appearences

Interviews, standup
Mouthing Off
Rove Live
Melbourne Comedy Festival Gala,
World Cup Comedy
Standing Up

Panellist
Good News Week
The Fat
Super Debates

Host
The Glasshouse

He also used to have a penchant for black nailpolish, and he's shagging Kate Fisher, Australia's answer to Liz Hurley. It's the random facts that makes fandom and obsession almost indistinguishable.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.