Released for world-wide production November 1, 2002, Winter Solstice Seasonal Ale is manufactured by the Anderson Valley Brewing Company (AVBC), makers of "Boonville Beers," headquartered in Boonville, California. The AVBC brewery was ranked twice amongst the top ten micro brewers in the country in the World Beer Championships competition and Winter Solstice Ale was awarded the designation of 1998 World Champion Winter Ale. (Winter Solstice Ale was also recognized with gold medals in brewing in both 1997 and 1998.)

From the marketing hype:

From the first sip of Winter Solstice Seasonal Ale, your senses will be aroused with the vision of a glowing fire, warming the hearth and home, as gently drifting snow flakes silently blanket the trees outside. Each lingering sip will gently warm your soul with thoughts of family and friends, gathering around the table for the feast. Luscious, creamy, smooth, and warming, this medium bodied ale is brewed with caramel and crystal malts to give it just a hint of sweetness, then paired with our private blend of holiday spice. Winter Solstice Ale is great alone or as an accompaniment to any meal, and it has been known to liven and spice up nearly any social event. This coveted and much sought-after brew is released in November, just in time for the holidays, and by the first of the New Year will be only a fond memory.
Winter Solstice Seasonal Ale is not sterile filtered or heat pasteurized, so it should be refrigerated at all times. Anderson Valley Brewing recommends the ale be served between 40° and 45°. The micro brew beer is 6.9% alcohol by volume and can be ordered online via AVBC's website: http://www.avbc.com


Sources:
1. http://www.avbc.com/news/medals.html
2. http://www.avbc.com/beers/solstice.html

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.