The Worthington Inn is a historic small hotel located on High Street at 649 High Street, Worthington, Ohio 43085. It was originally built as private mansion in 1831; later, it evolved into a boarding house and then a hotel. The building was restored and renovated in the 1980s to bring it back to its former beauty.

The 26 rooms are furnished with American antiques, and no two rooms are alike. The Snow House is an annex that contains four lavish suites that include their own sitting rooms and fireplaces. Rooms come with very excellent towels, big bathrobes, fine toiletries, and twice-a-day maid service. If you stay there, see if you can find the Masonic symbols carved into the wooden beams by the original owner in the early 1800s.

Lodgers are also treated to evening cocktails and a full breakfast at the hotel's Seven Stars Restaurant. The restaurant was named after Van Gogh's "Starry, Starry Night" painting. The Seven Stars is one of the most highly-rated restaurants in the Columbus area; the Grumpy Gourmet ranked it in his "Top Ten Fine Dining" list.

The restaurant includes an old-fashioned pub and features a variety of fine dishes, including comparatively exotic meals such as pan-seared filet of ostrich. I had the Worthington Inn Salad with greens, Roma tomatos, sunflower seeds, raisins and gouda cheese; it was quite good.

The Seven Stars is open for breakfast from 7 to 10 every morning, lunch from 11 to 3, and dinner from 5:30 on into the night on weekdays. The restaurant offers a buffet lunch from 11 to 3 on Sundays but is otherwise closed. You can expect to spend about $10-$15 for lunch and at least $25 on dinner unless you opt for a $5 salad or $10 appetizer.

In summary, if you want a fine hotel/dining experience and you're planning to stay in the Columbus area, the Worthington Inn is the way to go, though its expense will be out of reach for some (the regular rooms generally run something over $100). They do offer special discounts and packages. This hotel is very popular with out-of-town travelers and wedding parties and is frequently booked. Call (614) 885-2600 for reservations or visit their website at http://www.worthingtoninn.com/Reservations.html.

The hotel is located about two blocks south of the 161-High Street intersection in Worthington. To get to it from the 270 loop around Columbus, take the High Street exit south for several miles 'til you pass Dublin-Granville Road (161). The inn will be on your right side across the street from the Graeter's Ice Cream shop.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.