Atari 2600 Game
Produced by: Universal Gamex
Model Number: 1005
Year of Release: 1983
Rarity: 9 Extremely Rare

Now you can have glorious 4 color porn on your Atari. Thats right this is a porno game for the Atari 2600.

The game itself is a simple maze game with 4 levels. At the end of each level you are presented with a naughty graphic, and you must jiggle your joystick like mad to try and "make it" with the naked girl.

From the back of the box

You're "X-Man"...the macho super-stud of the year!

A "Sexy Blond" with a body that doesn't quit is waiting behind the door to satisfy your every fantasy. You've got the equipment, you're excited and ready to give her what she desires. All you've got to do is get through that door and do your stuff. Sounds easy? ...Wrong!

Coming at you are the "Crabs" with their claws ready to tear your privates apart. Next come the "Scissors" whose sharp blades can cut off your manhood. And last are the "Teeth" who snap with a vise-like grip that will leave more than just marks! Get the picture>

But this "Sexy Blond" is worth it. And you're a man who's ready to challenge action, and escape from tight spots. We promise that if you've got the stuff to avoid your attackersand get through the door you'll score in more ways than one!

This game faced protest from women’s groups when it was released, and most retailers declined to carry it. It is consequently very hard to find today. It is easier to find in PAL format, so please note that my rarity value is for the NTSC version (Pal format would probably be a 6).

This game is one of the more valuable Atari games due to the extremely limited distribution. $100 USD would be a starting price.

X-Man is also a comic book published by Marvel Comics Group. The artists involved in the creation of X-Man #1 were Jeph Loeb and Steve Skroce. A mint condition X-Man #1 can be had for maybe $15 CDN; the comic's hit on a lot of fame, though. I think it's a worthy addition to any collection.

X-Man, or Nate Grey, is a mutant (like the X-Men) with the powers of telekinesis and telepathy, so strong are they that they are slowly destroying Nate. The actual story behind why Nate is alive is a bit confusing, as Marvel tried to really mix up their stories, with the Age of Apocalypse and the Coming of Onslaught. So, I'll try to get it as right as I can. The mutant known as Cable was born in the future, in the Age of Apocalypse. In an alternate timeline, there were several events that were missing, allowing for Cable's birth, namely, the inclusion of Nathaniel Essex (Mr. Sinister) in Scott Summers' (Cyclops) and Jean Grey's lives. When you boil down the storyline, it turns out that Nate Grey is Cable again, but from an alternate timeline. Nate was genetically engineered by Essex.

A battle with the mutant called Holocaust sent Nate to our world, in great comic book story style. They've thrown in a lot of interesting backstory with the X-Man, for example:

Cable has a "technovirus", which I won't go into for the sake of ease (but think "borg" just the same). X-Man didn't come from that timeline, where he was infected with the technovirus. Cable has to use his own fairly incredibly telekinetic gifts to hold that virus in check. Nate's a teenager with little experience in the world, and he doesn't know much about his mutant powers; Combine that with the fact that he rhas something of a short temper, and you've got a pretty explosive guy.

In the aftermath of the horrible Onslaught comics, this is a good survivor. It's a fun read, and after the first few comics, it's no longer weird. Nate gets himself a love interest, and still blows a lot of shit up. Fun. But alas, not everything is forever, as X-Man knew, because of a failsafe Essex had placed in his mind, that he would die by age twenty-one. X-Man killed himself, spreading his essence to all living things. Now, who said comic books can't be touching?


As an aside, I feel it necessary to point you to fellow comic book nutcase atesh's writeup entitled "The Age of Apocalypse". You may end up more confused about Marvel timelines and all that, but it's interesting, insomuch that it attempts to explain a few things about the whole Nate Grey/Cable/Apocalypse thing.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.