This quote comes from The Simpsons episode 4F10 "Mountain of Madness".

Homer is telling the family that Mr Burns has decided that the nuclear power plant is going to have a corporate retreat to improve teamwork around the plant (after an abysmal fire drill where it took over 15 minutes to evacuate instead of the required 45 seconds).

The full scene is:

Homer: So, Mr. Burns is gonna make us all go on a stupid corporate retreat up in the mountains to learn about teamwork. Which means we'll have to cancel our plans to hang around here.
Bart: Teamwork is overrated.
Homer: Huh?
Bart: Think about it. I mean, what team was Babe Ruth on? Who knows.
Lisa and Marge: Yankees.
Bart: Sharing is a bunch of bull, too. And helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?
Homer: Hmm. Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

This quote can been used as an softlink in E2 to put across a point about the node. It can either be an insulting softlink where someone puts forth a concept or idea about anything by writing about it. Invariably someone will want to humour this person so links to Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

On the flip side is the fact it can be used a flattering softlink to show you completely agree with the concept the person has put forth.


http://www.snpp.com/episodes/4F10.html
Approved by Content_Salvage

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.