Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems in Grover's Mill, New Jersey, home of the Truncheon Bomber, is owned and operated the infamous Red Lectroids, sworn enemies of Buckaroo Banzai. Yoyodyne's CEO is John Bigboote' (Christopher Lloyd). Motto: "The Future Begins Tomorrow!"

Yoyodyne also appears in "The Crying of Lot 49" by Thomas Pynchon; presumably Earl Mac Rauch found it there for his screenplay "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension".

Sorry to say, you've both got it backwards. The Red Lectroids owned and operated Yoyodyne, an aerospace company they operated as a cover for development of a spacecraft which would return them to Planet 10.

John Whorfin: "Where are we going?!"

Crowd of Red Lectroids: "PLANET TEN!!

John Whorfin: "When are we going?!"

Crowd of Red Lectroids: "REAL SOON!!"

Er, that aside, Buckaroo Banzai was on the side of the Black Lectroids, not the Reds.

Evil corporation in the movie The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension. Yoyodyne, an aerospace company contracted by the United States government to manufacture the Truncheon bomber, is in reality a front for the Earthbound activities of the exiled Red Lectroids of Planet 10. All of its employees are named John.

The name Yoyodyne is an allusion to Thomas Pynchon's novel The Crying of Lot 49.

The motto of the Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems in Buckaroo Banzai is: "Yoyodyne: Where the Future Begins Tomorrow!"

Eventually, Buckaroo and the Hong Kong Cavaliers, aided by John Parker (a Black Lectroid) are forced to enter and confront the secrets of Yoyodyne, from "The Pitt" to the main hangar...

Yoyodyne is referenced all over the Star Trek universe. The dedication plaque on the Enterprise-D indicates that it was built by Yoyodyne at the Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards, for example. I believe (but am not positive) that Yoyodyne had space allocated to them on Deep Space Nine, according to a plan shown during the series.

Yoyodyne is also used in the GPL as a fictitious company for the purpose of an example:
Yoyodyne, Inc., hereby disclaims all copyright interest in the program `Gnomovision' (which makes passes at compilers) written by James Hacker.
<signature of Ty Coon>, 1 April 1989
Ty Coon, President of Vice

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.