A magical Era spanning over 2,000 years which follows the procession of Equinoxes.

Each Aeon is marked by a zodiacal sign. For instance the Age (or Aeon ) of Aquarius.

An Order in the Western Esoteric Tradition, names the current Aeon that of Horus, or the Crowned and Conquering Child.

Information concerning the Procession of the Equinoxes may be found in the Official Instructions of the A.: A.:, wherein it is discussed that the two previous Aeons were called Isis & Osiris.

One who has attained to the Magical Grade of Magus must speak the Word of the Aeon.

Creatures found in several of Squaresoft's Final Fantasy titles, but given great importance in Final Fantasy X. (Pronounced AAY-on.) Called "Summons" in some earlier FF titles.

Aeons are physical incarnations of spiritual beings called Fayths. Once humans themselves, the Fayths sacrificed their lives to become ethereal beings who, when called upon by Summoners, can manifest themselves as humongous (often terrifying) creatures. Once they take physical form, Aeons fight in the Summoner's stead, protecting him/her from whatever aggressor might be trying to kill, maim, mutilate, tickle, or otherwise annoy said Summoner.

Each Aeon has a special power, or overdrive ability.

The Aeons in Final Fantasy X are:

A conversational English school or Eikawa in Japan. Widely believed to be a slightly better opportunity for foreigners than NOVA because:

  • The pay is better
  • The housing is cheaper
  • You get Sundays off
  • You get slightly more vacation time
  • Your lunchbreak is longer
  • You get your own classroom to decorate and store materials, as opposed to the madhouse which is the NOVA staffroom
  • You are allowed to socialize with the students outside of class

In my opinion the disadvantages to NOVA are:

Ae"on (#), n.

A period of immeasurable duration; also, an emanation of the Deity. See Eon.

 

© Webster 1913.


E"on (?), Ae"on (?), n. [L. aeon, fr. Gr. a'iwn space or period of time, lifetime, age; akin to L. aevum. See Age.]

1.

An immeasurable or infinite space of time; eternity; a long space of time; an age.

The eons of geological time. Huxley.

2. Gnostic Philos.

One of the embodiments of the divine attributes of the Eternal Being.

Among the higher Aeons are Mind, Reason, Power, Truth, and Life. Am. Cyc.

Eons were considered to be emanations sent forth by God from the depths of His grand solitude to fulfill various functions in the material and spiritual universe.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.