Banana cue, also called banana Q, is a sweet dessert or snack in the Philippines. The reason for the name is the bananas are skewered on a bamboo stick, similar to a barbeque. This is one of my favorite sweets, and I really recommend you to try it. It's commonly sold on the streets, though if you don't want to buy street food like me, it's very easy to make one yourself. If you already ate turon before, then you will notice that they taste very similar, because both of them use saba bananas and are deep fried.
- Pre-heat enough oil for deep frying.
- Peel the skin from the saba bananas.
- Coat the bananas with brown sugar.
- Fry the bananas until the sugar is caramelized enough and the saba turns golden brown.
- Place the bananas on a plate to cool down. Skewer two bananas on each bamboo stick. Serve hot and enjoy.