ZamZ makes an attempt at a recipe node. But this one is simple enough even for me and it's kinda good for you.

Ingredients

Bread (sliced, white or brown, rolls, any sort really)
Banana (erm, possibly you guessed that bit)
Butter (unless you don't like butter, in which case skip this. Don't skip on the banana or the bread tho' or the whole Banana Sandwich thing kinda goes out the window)

Ok, put the butter on the bread. As much or as little as you want. Yeah, layer it out there, don't worry your little self about fat content here, the other ingredients are fruit and that makes up for any evil you do with the spreads.

Now, the tricky bit. Put the banana on the bread (over the butter, that is). Seems not too tricky, it's deceptive. The tricky bit is this, Don't Slice the Banana. Squidge it. Really like smear the thing around the bread. The polite in society will insist on slices of even thickness being evenly spread around the bread/butter combination. Ignore these fools. The whole joy of the banana sandwich experience is having to catch the squidged banana that comes out the opposite end you are biting into. It's messy. But so's ice-cream and that's fun.

What? You don't make a mess with ice-cream? Away! Ice-cream should not be eaten, it should be attacked. And so should this sandwich.

A variant on this sandwich, which happened to be a staple of my childhood, is to use peanut butter, not butter, and drizzle honey on the peanut butter before you add the banana.

I don't know how squidging the banana will go with honey and PB as I was a neat kid and sliced the banana up, but this is a tasty treat that should go well with any kid, and many adults as well. Also, if you put the honey on the bread first, it kinda crystalizes in the bread after a minute or two, so it creates one more interesting texture as you eat.

So you've got peanut butter, honey, banana, bread and the honey/bread crystalized combination. Could there be a more perfect taste in ones mouth?

Yet another banana sandwich variation...

A friend served this great little dessert along with cake and coffee. So simple and completely delicious.

Ingredients:
bananas
strawberries
sliced walnuts
cinnamon

Slice the strawberries and bananas into 1/2 inch think disks. Stack a strawberry disk on top of a banana disk. Put a piece of walnut on top and sprinkle on a bit of cinnamon.
Serve them as an extra little sweet with dessert.


Mmmmmm... Delicious!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.