aka bertine z, bertine zetlitz. very cool twentysomething norwegian pop singer who was brought to my attention a few months ago. she has been playing music since she was nine. she released her first album, morbid late night show, in 1997 and won a few norwegian grammies. the album's a really strange mix of genres; it's like techno/dance music with a jazz soul. the synth sounds tend to get on my nerves, but she's an incredible lyricist, as evidenced in songs like butcher's son and in my mind. no surprise there, though, seeing as bob dylan has been cited as a major influence in her songwriting.

bertine was part of lilith fair, which really shouldn't be held against her. her new album, beautiful so far, is due out this fall.

www.bertine.net

Zetlitz is a extraordinary songwriter and artist. She is very, very renowned in Norway; and the international market is due with the album "Beautiful So Far". She's actually a neighbour of mine, and I've seen her in a press-only concert. She's amazing on the stage, verifying that she is truly the last, best hope for norwegian pop music. Oh, she also went to music school with a friend of mine. Norway is a small country. :)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.