Blotter Acid is a term for a particular method of delivering LSD into the bloodstream. Typically, blotter paper is soaked in or otherwise has a single dose of liquid LSD eyedropped onto it, then it is perforated into tiny (15x15mm at most) squares, one (or more!) of which is then placed in the mouth. The actual exchange of chemicals into the blood takes a few seconds. Other popular ways of ingesting LSD include gelcaps and liquid LSD.

When making blotter acid, blotter paper is saturated with a solution of lysergic acid diethylamide and 100% alcohol or distilled water. Blotter acid is one of the latest ways to consume acid. Saturating sugar cubes, tablets, and injecting LSD into microdots all came before this rather simple yet effective way of delivery.

A quarter inch square of blotter paper holds the perfect amount for one dosage of LSD, about 100-200µ (micrograms), and is one of the most effective ways to deliver the drug. The amount of acid it takes to feel the effects is a far smaller amount than what could be provided with the same amount of a given adulterant. That is, the effects of adulterants such as strychnine and/or psychedelic amphetamines like 2,5-Dimethoxy-4-iodoamphetamine, are not present at that low of dosage making blotter acid one of the best and safest ways to consume acid next to sugar cubes and tablets because the appropriate amounts of other drugs can be contained within those delivery systems.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.