People who long for the sexual ease of nature are prone to display plant genitals in all their phallocentrism in the home, or give them to lovers. While we are afraid of showing our own private parts, we happily flaunt the pistil and stamen in some kind of dismembered botanical porn show.

From Sexual Nature, by dsheehy.

I've remembered once a while ago I have bought a book for some Broadway actress as a gift for Valentine's day. It's a book of pictures of flowers taken by the late Robert Mapplethorpe. When I read sexual nature a while back I have thought of this idea as giving said actress a hint that I can see her capability not just being a human, but as a sexual human being with physical desires to "get it on." In short, I think I just told her through the book that she is sexy and as showy as the Calla Lily and I can't wait to see her "bloom" for me. Well, sorry for the digression.

If pictures and descriptions of flowers can ever be called botanical porn, how would people describe and react to them?

An apt description for one animated scene from the motion picture The Wall. In this scene two botanical beauties engage in coitus, morphing from their flowerlike appearance to more human-like genitalia, then digressing into violence.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.