Butterfly kisses are what your little girl gives you when she puts her eye close to your cheek and flutters her eyelashes so that they brush your face. It's a loving, cute kiss; not an erotic act.

There was a song written about this by a guy named Bob Carlisle a few years ago. No matter how hard your stony little heart might be, I dare you to listen to that song and not get just the wee bit quivery. If not today, then some day soon.

Butterfly Kiss - With your faces less than a breath away, open and close your eyelids against your partners. If done correctly, the fluttering sensation will match the one in your heart.
When an eyelash is fluttering upon your cheek, chills of imaginative joy flash down your spine.

A butterfly flapping it's wings is very similar to a human being blinking their lashes. This is possibly why when an eyelash is moving like a butterfly and showing affection to a recipient's cheek, they call it a Butterfly Kiss.

Theory rules on Butterfly Kissing:

  1. The recipient's eyes are closed, and the person giving it blinks their lashes against the recipient's cheek

  2. The lashing tickles.

  3. The 5th alternative to sex:
    http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/8179/alternatives.html

  4. It is not erotic. dannye is correct in Butterfly Kisses, it's something two young people do that is cute. But it is also something grown up people do too.


Butterfly Kiss is also an Album by Lois.

Butterfly Kisses Girls, a Fragrance that sells for $20 dollars.

Also an Album, The Best of Bob Carlisle: Butterfly Kisses & Other Stories. --Words to this at Butterfly Kisses.

Butterfly Kiss is also a VHS starting Amanda Plummer and Saskia Reeves directed by Michael Winterbotton.


my head cradled against your chest
your heartbeats thump like
waves against the hull of a night-stalled ship
in which i lay quiescent
but not sleeping

which is why as
you bend in with a kiss i feel you more

(yes more the way a whisper in church is a shout)

and when then
so softly your eyelashes brush across my cheek
it burns

and then when
your lips cool breeze on my still-slick skin
soothe the flames into quiet bliss then
then I say

put your arms around me
you are my elemental

hush
you say
hush

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.