Someone mentioned telekinetic archaeologists in the chatbox, and having done some fieldwork, I thought of the most useful application of telekinetics in the field. It's not the painstaking extraction of delicate artifacts, nor efficient removal of dirt, nor cleaning artifacts...

It is the centipede umbrella of mental force!

When one digs several square holes in the middle of a field, one tends to catch some animals in it now and then, such as mice, cows, and centipedes. Now, depending on where you are, the centipedes might be little tiny ones - about 1-2" long.
However, in the American Southwest, when a 7" long collection of red-and-black venomous feet crawls off the edge and falls into the trench right next to you, you notice. A centipede appears to be one of the few arthropods that actually has legs that end in points. Hollow points, to be exact, which excrete a necrotoxin not unlike that of the brown recluse aka fiddleback spider. Unlike the fiddleback, a centipede will simply clamp down on your skin with all of its legs if it happens to get on you and become frightened.

The necrotoxin simply kills whatever cells it comes in contact with - and keeps on killing. It will cause death in humans when it reaches the heart if not treated with anti-venom.

So, were I telekinetic, I would simply erect a centipede umbrella of mental force the next time I was in the trenches - that way I would not have deadly arthropods randomly raining on my head; they would slide off and land on someone else instead.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.