This recipe makes about 4 servings and comes out similar to a quiche without the crust. It initially sounds odd that the recipe involves wheat germ, but the flavor is almost entirely masked by the other ingredients. If anything, it is just incorporated as a binding agent for the other ingredients. The great thing is, this dish can also be made in the microwave (though I would suggest the oven for a crispier top). The spinach bake is good as a side dish served with meat or fish.

Ingredients:

Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8 inch square pan. (Disregard this if you are going to use the microwave.)

2. Combine the ricotta, spinach, shredded mozzarella, wheat germ, beaten eggs, chopped onion, grated parmesan and nutmeg. Spread the mixture evenly into the pan.

3. Once the oven is pre-heated, bake the mixture for 25-30 minutes until it is heated through(or see microwave directions).

4. Let the dish stand for five minutes before serving because it will be quite hot. The best way to serve it is to cut it into 2 1/2 inch squares.

Microwave Directions:

1. Place the mixture in a microwaveable 8 inch square pan covered with plastic wrap. Make sure one corner of the plastic wrap isn’t sealed tight so that it can vent.

2. Cook it on high for 8-9 minutes and rotate the dish half way 4 minutes into cooking. Microwave times vary, the most important thing is to just make sure that the dish is heated throughout.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.