There is nothing like the feeling of clean sheets

The cool smoothness of cotton or silk on your skin, as you slide naked between them, fresh and newly dry from the shower, just like a full-body caress

The smell of them.

The whispering sound they make.

I love clean sheets.

Probably my favorite moment of going to bed is that moment when, after sliding into a bed made with clean sheets, the cool material has warmed exactly half-way to my body temperature from ambient. If there was some way to keep the sheets at that temp, everything would be right with the world. Maybe small ventilators, or water pipettes in the material, or...I dunno. I just know that at that moment, lying on my back with the sheets slowly warming, I begin to approach sleep. Demeter and Ansate are absolutely right; if you're having trouble sleeping, try changing your bedclothes.

Some nights it is chilly enough out that if I move around in bed, the part of the sheets that weren't touching me are that temperature. I prefer it to be chilly when I'm in bed; I'd rather sleep under a comforter than under a thin coverlet. Of course, I'm a tad heavy, and my body doesn't cool itself as well as you endomorphics (physics...surface area / volume...)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.