Beat slang for a user of drugs who does not have any on his person or premises.

Pilot's jargon for an aircraft in a gear up, flaps up (and perhaps speedbrake retracted) configuration. The aircraft is in optimal flying configuration and is not taking off or landing.

v. to negotiate a trail successfully without crashing or dabbing. "I cleaned that last section."

From the Dictionary of Mountain Bike Slang

Classic C = C = CLM

clean 1. adj.

Used of hardware or software designs, implies `elegance in the small', that is, a design or implementation that may not hold any surprises but does things in a way that is reasonably intuitive and relatively easy to comprehend from the outside. The antonym is `grungy' or crufty. 2. v. To remove unneeded or undesired files in a effort to reduce clutter: "I'm cleaning up my account." "I cleaned up the garbage and now have 100 Meg free on that partition."

--The Jargon File version 4.3.1, ed. ESR, autonoded by rescdsk.

A type of lift (the kind with weights).
Description of steps:

  1. Start with bar (with appropriate weights) on the ground. (Make sure you have plenty of room).
  2. Position spotter behind lifter.
  3. Crouch to grab bar. Keep feet shoulder width apart, crouch keeping your back straight. TIP: Lock eyes on where the wall and ceiling in front of you meet. This will help to keep your back straight.
  4. Grab bar just outside of knees. Make sure that your arms are straightened. (Still looking at that point).

    Now comes the complex part. (Do these in very rapid succession)

  5. Shoot straight up, as if you were jumping. Keep your feet on the ground, and push down through your legs. Keep your back straight! This is essential, as you will hurt yourself otherwise.
  6. Pull your arms up toward your chest, as if you were rowing a boat laying on your back. Quickly drop your body by bending at the knees. The idea is to keep the bars momentum going up as you get underneath it.
  7. Catch the bar! The idea is to rest it on the front part of your shoulders, rolled up towards your neck. Your hands should be bent palm upwards at this point.

Congratulations! You have just cleaned! Now, put the bar down, and do it again! AGAIN!!!

NOTE: As is obvious, I would suggest practicing with no weight first, then after you are used to the form, giving it a go.

Clean (?), a. [Compar. Cleaner (); superl. Cleanest.] [OE. clene, AS. clne; akin to OHG. chleini pure, neat, graceful, small, G. klein small, and perh. to W. glan clean, pure, bright; all perh. from a primitive, meaning bright, shining. Cf. Glair.]

1.

Free from dirt or filth; as, clean clothes.

2.

Free from that which is useless or injurious; without defects; as, clean land; clean timber.

3.

Free from awkwardness; not bungling; adroit; dexterous; as, aclean trick; a clean leap over a fence.

4.

Free from errors and vulgarisms; as, a clean style.

5.

Free from restraint or neglect; complete; entire.

When ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not make clean riddance of corners of thy field. Le.xxiii. 22

6.

Free from moral defilement; sinless; pure.

Create in me a clean heart, O God. Ps. li. 10

That I am whole, and clean, and meet for Heaven Tennyson.

7. Script.

Free from ceremonial defilement.

8.

Free from that which is corrupting to the morals; pure in tone; healthy.

"Lothair is clean."

F. Harrison.

9.

Well-proportioned; shapely; as, clean limbs.

A clean bill of health, a certificate from the proper authrity that a ship is free from infection. -- Clean breach. See under Breach, n., 4. -- To make a clean breast. See under Breast.

 

© Webster 1913.


Clean, adv.

1.

Without limitation or remainder; quite; perfectly; wholly; entirely.

"Domestic broils clean overblown."

Shak.

"Clean contrary."

Milton.

All the people were passed clean over Jordan. Josh. iii. 17.

2.

Without miscarriage; not bunglingly; dexterously.

[Obs.] "Pope came off clean with Homer."

Henley.

 

© Webster 1913.


Clean (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Cleaned (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Cleaning.] [See Clean, a., and cf. Cleanse.]

To render clean; to free from whatever is foul, offensive, or extraneous; to purify; to cleanse.

To clean out, to exhaust; to empty; to get away from (one) all his money. [Colloq.]

De Quincey.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.