Many companies distribute t-shirts in compressed form, by folding the t-shirt over many times until it takes on the shape of a small wedge or square, removing the air, and shrink-wrapping it. This is a common promotional item. I received one from Microsoft when they were recruiting on campus. I was disappointed to find that it did not explode outward when I unwrapped it, although it was extremely wrinkled. No problem -- just hang it up for a while, and the wrinkles magically disappear.

I simply must acquire a t-shirt compressing machine and compress all of my presently unused clothing. It would make packing a fun activity for the whole family, instead of an annoying chore.

I am surprised that generic-man did not include an obligatory Simpsons reference in this writeup. So, I'll do it.

Maude Flanders was killed by a compressed t-shirt fired from a promotional cannon at close range.

Also, I believe I have seen infomercials for assorted "t-shirt compressing machines" whilst channel surfing late at night. They usually involve some sort of vacuum and a bag with a special gasket and airlock. I imagine they're a good deal if you travel a lot or have limited storage space, but you might as well just try the old-fashioned and far cheaper solution of cramming things in your suitcase and then sitting on it until you can zip it shut.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.