Alright, so if I were to try and pass off The Construct as being a reputable venue hosting mainstream bands then I would be lying, and nobody likes a liar, so I'll tell it like it is.

The Construct, at first glance, seems to be a warehouse. Seriously, it is one of the most general looking buildings placed in the very middle of downtown Denver’s industrial district. However, if you ever dared to find the place (thank god for mapquest) you would find it to double as both an art gallery and a local music venue.

On entering you will walk down a large hall with some cool art painted on the walls. To either side you will see large, open rooms most likely filled with large paintings from local artists. If you continue down the hall, to your left you’ll find another large room that looks…. like a garage. If you have come to see your favorite local band, this is where they will play. And just like a real garage, there is no PA system in place; the band will have to bring their own. But I must admit, I have seen some really good shows put on here, some even better than the bigger ones at the larger venues.

With a smaller space and truly basement-like acoustics, the Construct puts music on a more personal level, plus you’ll never have to deal with asshole security people.

Anyways, if you happen to be in Denver and want to check out the local music scene, I suggest taking a look at http://construct.dbom.net for upcoming concerts, art tours, and even film festivals

Oh and the shows are always cheap, sometimes even free.

Address:

3519 N. Brighton Blvd Denver, CO 80216

Con*struct" (?), v. t. [imp. & p.p. Constructed; p.pr. & vb.n. Constructing.] [L. constructus, p.p. of construere to bring together, to construct; con- + struere to pile up, set in order. See Structure, and cf. Construe.]

1.

To put together the constituent parts of (something) in their proper place and order; to build; to form; to make; as, to construct an edlifice.

2.

To devise; to invent; to set in order; to arrange; as, to construct a theory of ethics.

Syn. -- To build; erect; form; compile; make; fabricate; originate; invent.

 

© Webster 1913.


Con"struct (?), a.

Formed by, or relating to, construction, interpretation, or inference.

Construct formstate Heb. Gram., that of a noun used before another which has the genitive relation to it.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.