Damsels in Distress is a sexual 'fetish' offshoot of BDSM, D/s and bondage, and is more often referred to in its circles as DiD. The enthusiasts of DiD are most commonly men who enjoy the concept of kidnap and rescue fantasies, which usually involve women bound, cuffed and controlled but without the glossy, gothic,stylized roleplaying of mainstream or commercial bondage. DiD enthusiasts are not so much interested in black latex, pvc and cuffs as they are interested in the raw, natural look of white cotton rope or rough twine and various types of tape. They very often like to see women in street clothes or pajamas (when not completely nude) to complete the 'scene'.

Interestingly, sexual menacing or assault is not necessary to create an appealling DiD scene. In fact, in judging DiD scenes in movies and television, violence against the damsel is often a detraction. Blood or bruises make the scene less pretty. More often, it is the idea of a woman being helpless and begging for release. A woman crying, pleading, or trying to speak through a gag, referred to in DiD discussions as "mmphing" is also attractive.

Some stars of the DiD hall of fame are: Miranda Grey, the heroine of The Collector by John Fowles, a woman kidnapped and held hostage for more than a month with very very little sexual contact and Karen Allen who, in Raiders of The Lost Ark is kidnapped and subjected to a very nice 'cleave gag', while at the same time being seduced by a NAZI. One of the things that makes Karen Allen a champion DiD in Raiders is that when Indy comes to rescue her...he decides that it's in everyone's best interests, if, for just a little while, she remains bound and gagged.

And really, that's a DiD captor's motto, after all!

see: http://www.brianspage.com

http://www.abductor.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.