This is a frighteningly rich dish, so the health-conscious of you should beware (or better yet, find some nice substitutes).

Serves two.

Ingredients:

Deep-fried eggs
-----

2 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
pepper

Mousseline sauce
-----

2 eggs
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 stick butter
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Deep-fried eggs:

In a bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and a dash of pepper. Add the milk, and stir to make a batter.

Fill a heavy-bottomed skillet with about 2 inches of vegetable oil. Heat the oil to 350 degrees (if you lack a thermometer, this is roughly where a small cube of bread fries to golden brown in 40 seconds).

Heat butter in a non-stick skillet until lightly brown, over medium heat. Fry an egg over easy. Remove the fried egg from heat, drain any oil briefly, then dip the egg in the batter. Sprinkle flour over the battered egg, and place in the oil. Fry the egg about 30-45 seconds per side, or until golden brown. Repeat for the other egg. Thoroughly drain the eggs.

Mousseline sauce:

Separate the remaining 2 eggs, and thoroughly mix the egg yolks and lemon juice in a bowl. Whip the heavy cream until it has sharp peaks. Heat the egg yolks over very, very low heat (the lowest possible setting), stirring constantly. Stir in the butter, one pat at a time (the butter should be slightly softened). While stirring constantly, raise the heat to medium and heat the mixture to 140 degrees to kill the salmonella bacteria in the egg yolks. Be very careful when doing this; the egg yolks will curdle if they are not stirred constantly. Finally, stir in the whipped cream until the mixture is thick and frothy.

Serve the eggs topped with the mousseline sauce. Then find a good cardiologist.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.