Something you wouldn't believe could exist unless you have a rudimentary understanding of thermodynamics. Basically you take a scoop of ice cream, coat it in a tasty, crispy batter, and quickly fry it in hot fat until the outside is crisp but the inside hasn't yet had a chance to melt. You then serve it as a sundae, say with hot fudge and whipped cream.

Tasty, but not low calorie.

Some recipes attempt to pass off ice cream that's been coated with cinnamon sugar as "fried" but it hardly compares to this..

Divide the ice cream into 4 equal sized balls. Place them on a freezer safe plate, not touching each other. Return them to the freezer until firm, about an hour.

In a small bowl beat the egg and vanilla together. In a large plate mix together the cinnamon and corn flakes.

Remove the ice cream balls from the freezer. Dip each ball in the egg mixture and then roll it in the cereal mixture. Return each ball to the freezer for another hour. Refrigerate the remaining egg and cereal mixture for now.

After one hour remove the balls from the freezer and repeat the dipping and rolling process. Return the freezer and this time leave them there several hours or even over night until frozen solid.

In an electric deep fryer or large pot, heat the oil to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Fry the ice cream balls 1 at a time for 10-15 seconds or till golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately. Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and a cherry.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.