My legs are still smooth from shaving last night, and tonight is my Friday. I'm already up late, and I have nothing to do that wants to be done. Slow feels good tonight, and I decide to take a bath instead of a shower. I was complimented nicely today, and I feel stretchy, lithe. I ran the bath and was about to hop in when I saw the oil.

The oil has been sitting on my bathroom counter, covered in dust, for over a year. It is infused with dried wildflowers, and smells earthy and raw, like cattails might. I wipe off the glass bottle and pull out the cork. Oil, I have missed you. On dry Michigan nights, I would take a bath and pour this oil into the water, steaming up half my apartment with its weedy aroma. I pour about a tablespoon of oil into the bath and step in.

The oily hot water might as well defy gravity and slide stealthily up my legs, I can feel the slippery stuff penetrating my skin. I sit down and I am covered in stealthy-slip warmth. I rub my knees - they are dolphin skin and my shoulders the slick sturdy skin of an orca. I slide on the bottom of the tub on my buttery vertebrae and ooze to the center of the tub.

This is deliciously oily.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.