Derf is also a character in South Park who replaces Chef in one episode. His signature phrase is: "If you liked Chef, you'll love DERF", and he makes the sound derf! repeatedly

Derf is the nom de plume of John Backderf, creator of "The City by Derf". The comic strip is published by quite a few alternative press newspapers. His strips are jaggy-but-compelling illustrations of the darker side of modern life; weird, ranting, outrageous. They are unusually relevant to current events and always on target. In fact, they often get him in trouble with his publishers because of the number of complaints they get about some of his graphic and un-PC strips.

His targets of choice are:

  • Politics:
    • Democrats during Democratic administrations
    • Republicans during Republican administrations
    • All political parties around elections.
    • Whoever is currently president
  • He targets white, middle-class, suburban life with unerring aim using his original character, White Middle-class Suburban Man, a.k.a The Caucasian Crusader.
  • His line of "True Story" strips will have you either shaking your head in disbelief or laughing your ass off, or both.
  • All forms of body modification: bad piercings, tattoos, amputation
  • Bar life: 'Woo' Girls and 'Ow' Boys, Viagra Fiends, etc.

Many of his favorite strips (and mine) can be found on his web-side at http://www.derfcity.com.

deprecated = D = deserves to lose

derf /derf/ v.,n.

[PLATO] The act of exploiting a terminal which someone else has absentmindedly left logged on, to use that person's account, especially to post articles intended to make an ass of the victim you're impersonating. It has been alleged that the term originated as a reversal of the name of the gentleman who most usually left himself vulnerable to it, who also happened to be the head of the department that handled PLATO at the University of Delaware. Compare baggy pantsing.

--The Jargon File version 4.3.1, ed. ESR, autonoded by rescdsk.

Derf (?), a. [Icel. djafr.]

Strong; powerful; fierce.

[Obs.] -- Derf"ly, adv. [Obs.]

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.