user since
Fri Jun 30 2000 at 04:13:20 (23.8 years ago )
last seen
Fri Jan 18 2008 at 19:58:08 (16.3 years ago )
number of write-ups
3 - View dhahn's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 75
mission drive within everything
To contribute what i know to everything
specialties
stuff
school/company
University of Nebraska at Omaha
most recent writeup
Programmable Interrupt Controller
Send private message to dhahn

Age: 20


If you would like, here is a very brief of my computer experience

At the age of 10, I began to fool around with our families Intel 80286 based machine. Here I learned some basic DOS stuff. Crashed a couple of computers here and there, but I learned from it.
When I got to high school, I started to learn to build machines. I built the machine I am typing this on right now, and the server gets me out onto the Internet. Junior and Senior year I got into programming. BASIC and C++. That summer of senior year, I taught myself VB and wrote a program that calculates quotes for plastic injection molding parts. (By the way, the new version will support a customer information database).
As college approached, I got an internship with a local Architecture and Engineering firm. Writing programs, network admin., (Mainly NT 4.0) etc. Just about anything you can think of. This past year I wrote a new CAD Drawing management system for the company. (I won an award for that, but that's neither here nor there.) But as for college, I decided on Computer Engineering. It was just a logical choice. I have been working with computers all my life. It made sense.
This past semester, I took a class in Assembly Language and Intel processor architecture, bus timing, etc. Very cool. Next year is Electric Circuits I and II.
After college, I am torn between network system design and computer system design. We will see when I get there.