A ( (sometimes) unintentional) trick you can do with a car on an icy road or parking lot. You need a car with no ABS.

  1. Approach a patch of ice at about 25 mph, the absolute minimum speed required. Make sure there is no tree, pedestrian, or other immovable object directly in front of you.
  2. Rotate the steering wheel as far as you can in one direction and slam on the brakes. (The emergency brake is optional).
  3. Say either "Whee!" or "Aiee!" as your car spins out of control in circles.
  4. Get out of the car and vomit.

If you do donuts and are not careful, you will eventually require the use of a donut.

"Donut" is the correct spelling for the poor, redheaded stepchild of a spare tire that accompanies most new autmobiles.

Donuts replaced spare tires in the late 1970s to the early 1980s as a way to reduce weight and improve fuel efficiency, which automakers selling into the United States were required by law to do.

Donut tires are not supposed to be driven on any further than it takes to haul your flat tire to a tire store; furthermore, it is unsafe to drive on a donut faster than 50 M.P.H. (About 82 K.P.H.)

Well, in theory at least. I've seen people driving on donut in the strangest places. I bet E2ers have some great Driving on donut tires: Stories of endurance.
When you see a batter warming up in the on deck circle, you may see a round object around his/her bat. This is called a donut, and it adds a couple pounds to the weight of the bat.

written by: mkb
topic: baseball

dongle-disk = D = doorstop

donuts n.

[obs.] A collective noun for any set of memory bits. This usage is extremely archaic and may no longer be live jargon; it dates from the days of ferrite-core memories in which each bit was implemented by a doughnut-shaped magnetic flip-flop.

--The Jargon File version 4.3.1, ed. ESR, this entry manually entered by rootbeer277.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.