After wasting away days of my life working in a drive thru I noted some things that royally tick drive thru emoployees off. Most customers do not do these things on purpose and just do not know any better. So, in case you are one of those people this guide will lower your chances of eating a burger with an angry employee's biological matter.

  • Do not pull up the the window and attempt to add, remove, or change food on your order. This complicates life for your server. Is ordering everything at the menu board really that difficult?
  • Wait at least one full minute before screaming hello into the order box. The drive thru employee knows you are there. Drive thru headsets have a mechanism that beeps when a customer is waiting. The beeping itself is annoying let alone having someone yell at you.
  • I cannot stress the next point enough, have your money ready when you get to the window. I fail to understand why this is so hard for people. We live in a society where money is exchanged for goods and services, why is it surprising when customers get to the window and are expected to pay?
  • If asked to repeat your order speak up and enunciate clearly. Do not yell your order into the order speaker and do not pronounce your order like you are talking to a three year old child with a learning disability.
  • This for those of you who own trucks with diesel engines: your trucks are deafeningly loud through the ear piece of a drive thru headset, please turn them off before you attempt to order.
  • Lastly, remember that even though you cannot see them ther person helping you is just that - a person. They deserve to be treated with the same respect you do. Just because your supposedly ketchup free burger comes with ketchup the world does not end.

If these tips are followed during every drive thru experience your chances of being the victim of biological warfare are minimal...unless the drive thru employee is sadistic. Unfortunatly that is the risk you take by not exerting the energy to get your butt out of the car and walk inside. Order carefully.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.