In Australia it is currently coke's marketing phrase...It's all part of Coke's evil plan to take over the world.

After demanding people to 'enjoy' their drink they then tell us that 600mL bottles are not, in fact, called bottles, but, instead, Buddys. They expect us to go into our local store and say "I'll have a Buddy" whenever we want a coke...

Or perhaps Coca-Cola is merely suggesting that we should or will enjoy the coke, rather then demand that we do. Advertising for coke is just so ambiguous these days =).

En*joy" (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Enjoyed (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Enjoying.] [OF. enjoier to receive with joy; pref. en- (L. in) + OF. & F. joie joy: cf. OF. enjoir to enjoy. See Joy.]

1.

To take pleasure or satisfaction in the possession or experience of; to feel or perceive with pleasure; to be delighted with; as, to enjoy the dainties of a feast; to enjoy conversation.

2.

To have, possess, and use with satisfaction; to occupy or have the benefit of, as a good or profitable thing, or as something desirable; as, to enjoy a free constitution and religious liberty.

That the children of Israel may enjoy every man the inheritance of his fathers. Num. xxxvi. 8.

To enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season. Heb. xi. 25.

3.

To have sexual intercourse with.

Milton.

To enjoy one's self, to feel pleasure; to be happy.

 

© Webster 1913.


En*joy", v. i.

To take satisfaction; to live in happiness.

[R.]

Milton.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.