There really is no translation for "feh" - the closest you might come is no way. It is used to express disbelief or disgust. Yiddish.

Feh, to me, brings to mind an image of someone turning up their nose, deciding they are better than something, that it's not even worthy of their attention or thought. Dismissal in one word and motion.

People with maids, butlers, and chauffers say "feh" to anyone who has to do work for a living, for example.

feh, like almost all other Yiddish expressions, somehow manages to embody exactly what it is meant to get across and compliments the English language beautifully. It is enhanced by flipping your hand out in disdain as if you are tossing away whatever comment was made that displeased you. My mother uses this often but excruciatingly well.

See also: incorporate Yiddish into your everyday life

An image viewer for Linux and other *NIX derivatives, characterized by its lack of user interface, save from a fancy right click menu.

It is aimed at console users, thus most of its features are hidden behind command line switches and keystrokes. It is also capable of light image editing, like rotating, flipping, or blurring, as well as making what it calls a "montage". Don't get too excited, it's just thumbnails in a grid overlaid on another image.

While not appropriate to manage a large collection of pictures, it is very lightweight and quite nice for quickly checking out an image.

It is pre-packaged in most Linux and BSD distributions' package managers, and its source can be found at http://feh.finalrewind.org/.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.