An appellation of two-step garage that made some sense when I first heard it, since 2 step is slower and less harsh than jungle. Recently at a rave, however, I noticed that during a DJ's 2 step garage set, I was the only male on the dance floor. Since then, I've been thinking about how dancing to this style of music is different from other genres.

I'll begin by saying that I never have liked dancing to jungle all that much. Dancing to jungle is almost a chore since it's so fast. By contrast, dancing to 2 step is very enjoyable. You can sway your hips to the beat! Now it's easy to do this with house, techno and trance as well, but with these electronic music genres you have to constantly think about what you're doing; otherwise, you'll end up doing the same thing over and over again.

Two-step garage is different in that the rhythm is far more complicated. By changing beats here and there, the music tells you when to move differently. So all you have to do to dance is feel the beat, rather than think about it.

What I'm trying to say is that two-step garage is geared toward creating an emotional rather than cognitive dancing environment. It seems most men don't like this, but apparently women dig it because they were the people dancing to it at the last rave I went to. It's now time for men to learn how to let their feelings flow when dancing. It's really not a bad thing, you'll like it.

Well, I guess maybe someone listened to me. Unfortunately, the result has been violence in garage culture.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.