Googley eyes are big, plastic eyes with a pair of small, black beads inside to simulate pupils. Googley eyes were found on stickers and those small, cheap stuffed animals made from a little, fuzzy cotton ball with paper feet glued to the bottom and plastic antennae and googley eyes glued to the top. I used to have a collection of those across my window sill. My mom hated them because all they did was collect dust and look creepy because googley eyes swivel and swirl to and fro independent of one another in a presumably humorous way, but I loved 'em because when your allowance is a dime a week, you can't buy much else.

I don't see things with googley eyes anymore. I guess toy fake eye technology has gotten past that point.

Ah, yes, plastic googley eyes.. i remember them well.

Some of the muppets had googley eyes, except they didn't have the kind you bought for arts and crafts-- their definition of "googley eyes" was that the ping pong ball eyes (which all muppets have) were somehow set up so they could swivel freely. Cookie Monster had this kind of eyes, and whenever he moved his head his pupils would just swivel like crazy all over the place.

There were actually a couple times on Sesame Street where they actually actively acknowledged this and used the words "googley eyes" on the air. Like there was one time i remember where one of the adults was trying to convince one of the muppets that Everyone is Special, and so the adult was talking about how all the muppets were DIfferent and Special, and one of the examples given were that some of the monsters had googley eyes and some didn't. Or something. It's all a dull blur, but i'm certain they said the words "googley eyes".

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.