Pretenders hide the Transformers inside!

AUTOBOT: GUNRUNNER

FUNCTION: SQUADRON LEADER
"The truth wrapped in a lie is still a lie."

A super hero in reverse. Daring and defiant when inside outer vehicle, but shy and insecure when out on his own. Armored outer vehicle equipped with armored wheels and hydraulic lifters for all-terrain combat capabilities. Gunrunner transforms from robot mode to hypersonic jet with a maximum speed of Mach 5. Equipped with twin, turreted 8MM electro-static cannons with a range of over 60 miles. Also armed with two armor-piercing, energy-plasma missiles. Armor plating equipped with thermal generators that "burn" through solid rock.

  • Strength: 7
  • Intelligence: 9
  • Speed: 7
  • Endurance: 6
  • Rank: 7
  • Courage: 9
  • Firepower: 8
  • Skill: 7
Transformers Tech Specs


The "heroic inside Pretender shell, insecure out of it" riff was also done with Cloudburst; must be a common personality trait. The Vehicle Pretenders were a sort of Triple Changer modified for the Pretender lineup; the shell was an armored ground vehicle, and the Transformer inside turned from a robot into a jet. The other advantage was that the boxier vehicle left more room for the robot, unlike the super-skinny robots that fit inside the human/monster Pretenders, and so both robot and jet were much better-looking. However, the whole point of the Pretenders was to make them look like organic life rather than machine life, so they didn't bother making more than one Vehicle Pretender for each side.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.