Japanese for “love at first sight”. noun

I kinda believe in it.

I have liked her since I first met her in the summer of 1997. I still remember that moment, the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. Wearing geta that matched oddly, yet perfectly, with the jeans and t-shirt that she was wearing ...and that Kansai dialect and accent that still to this day drives me crazy! (kind of actually makes my kanto dialect ears hurt though)

Now for the boring personal part...

However, she lives in Osaka and works in Kobe and I live and work in Tokyo and neither of us think that long distance relationships work. We used to keep in touch most everyday until I went to Osaka to spend Christmas with her. I was there for 4 days and nothing happened between us. I don’t know how to explain it, we love each other, but it is just too hazukashii to get that personal with each other. I guess that I am not mature enough and can’t commit myself.

We have never been anything more than just friends and we have seen each other go through lots of relationships and experiences over the last few years. Sad, but I don’t think anything will ever happen between us. What can I expect though, she was nanpa, although I wasn't the one who picked her up.

*** Even since writing this node almost 1 year ago and meeting her 2 or 3 times in both Osaka and Tokyo, but nothing has ever happened.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.