Glue in the form of a stick semi-solid at room temperature, run through a electrically trigger heated gun melts where you want, dries in several minutes. Cheaper, faster drying, less noxious alternative to Shoe Goo, useful to know if you skateboard.

Second in power only to duct tape. And unlike duct tape, hot glue has an element of danger to it. You can give yourself and others second degree burns! This stuff is a modern miracle and we would not be able to survive without it. Whatever it is, hot glue can help it. Sure, you can use it to stick things to other things, but that's just the begining.

Here are just a few of the wonderful things that can be done with hot glue:

  • You can use it as an electrical insulator. Don't want those wires to touch? Glob so much hot glue on them that they can't move.
  • You can use it to seal things. Works like caulk, except that it hardens instantly and you actually have some!
  • Kills bugs. Yep. If you are fast enough to apply it to a bug, I'm positive it will die.
  • Free String. It always makes the plastic version of a spider web whenever you use it.
  • End the toilet seat debate. Just apply hot glue and fix the toilet seat the way you want it.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.