Interaction design is basically the art of creating user-friendly, intuitable user-interfaces.

Interaction design draws from the related and often overlapping fields of information architecture, human-computer interaction, computer science, software engineering, usability engineering, information science, industrial design, graphic design, web design, and system analysis.

User-interface (UI) design, experience design, and interaction design are arguably synonymous, but each field brings a particular point of view to any design problem. These are not hard and fast rules, but generally speaking, UI designers focus on the graphical user-interface, page layout, navigation, etc. Interaction designers pay special attention to the give-and-take between the system and the user; the actions of the user and the reactions of the system; the process of moving through the system. Experience designers study the user's overall experience; the user's reaction to the system; the user's sense of satisfaction, accomplishment, etc.

Most interaction design work today is done on and for the Web, but interaction design is not limited to medium.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.