.


It's a Saturday. We are sitting at a bar, both us ignoring a basketball game on a big screen that everyone else was watching. Some guys were yelling at the TV. No, I don't think any of the players could hear them.

I was talking to Mike and I told him he was being stupid, well, he and his best friend were both being stupid.
Mike: " Huh? why, I mean she's hot, right?"

Yeah, - I get that, she's a babe and also smart, so fine. But is it worth it? Is it worth throwing away 20 some years of being friends?

These guys, Mike and Brian, they are both my friends, have been for years. They had done junior high, high school and college together. They had, what folks around here might call: a history: roadtrips, late night cram sessions and ER waiting rooms. They were tight . Then her.

Ms.SeeifIcanfitintothesejeans. She showed up and they were falling all over each other for a sniff. Which is fine, and not atypical, but this time, it wasn't an argument, it became scorched Earth.

Mike: "Well, he should have thought of that before he lied to me about where they were going- before he locked me out of the apartment. I met her first, he knows the deal. Don't blame me."

Me: So, seriously- is it worth losing your best friend? Is it? Are you going to move out- lose your friend over, what? a nice butt and two weeks of sex ?

Mike: "Well, you don't know, you wouldn't understand."
Me- Yep, I'm a virgin, what would I know.

Mike rolls his eyes, and walks away- "I'm going to get another beer -you up?
I give him a nod, which means- hell yes.

I mean, I might as well be a virgin to him, since I'm just a girl to hang out with. I drink beers with them, give them rides home if they're wasted and I help them pick out clothes for their girl of the month. But nothing else. I've never been past that with either of these guys. Dammit.

Yeah, and damn her too.

.

In"ter*lo`per [Pref. inter- + D. looper a runner, fr. loopen to run; akin to E. leap. See Leap, and cf. Elope.]

One who interlopes; one who interlopes; one who unlawfully intrudes upon a property, a station, or an office; one who interferes wrongfully or officiously.

The untrained man, . . . the interloper as to the professions. I. Taylor.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.