Eighth song on Tool's Ænima (released in 1996 on Volcano Records). The fifty six second piece consists of out-of-place, quirky organ music, as would be expected for the intermission of a lengthy film or play. "Intermission" is actually an organ version of the guitar from the next song on the album, "jimmy," which becomes clear as the song ends and "jimmy" aburptly begins with the same notes. The organ was played by Eban Schletter. The song was written by Tool and produced by David Bottrill, as was the rest of the album.

In`ter*mis"sion (?), n. [L. intermissio: cf. F. intermission. See Intermit.]

1.

The act or the state of intermitting; the state of being neglected or disused; disuse; discontinuance.

B. Jonson.

2.

Cessation for a time; an intervening period of time; an interval; a temporary pause; as, to labor without intermission; an intermission of ten minutes.

Rest or intermission none I find. Milton.

3. Med.

The temporary cessation or subsidence of a fever; the space of time between the paroxysms of a disease. Intermission is an entire cessation, as distinguished from remission, or abatement of fever.

4.

Intervention; interposition.

[Obs.]

Heylin.

Syn. -- Cessation; interruption; interval; pause; stop; rest; suspension. See Cessation.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.