The sixth stand-alone expansion set for Magic: The Gathering, Invasion, was released on October 2, 2000. The symbol was sort of in the shape of a kite, with a small circle at the top, and an inverted cross below it. The symbol is black on common cards, silver on uncommons, and gold on rares. There was a total of 350 cards, and all of the cards were also available in rarer foil versions.

See Wntrmute's writeup for more information on the set.

Note that in the card list, the "split" cards (two small cards on one large card) are listed with a slash ('/') in the middle, with the name of the card of that specific color listed afterwards in parenthesis.

Artifact

Black

Blue

Green

Red

White

Multicolor

Land

This broadcast is for anyone alive and free out there. If you can hear my voice, know that you’re not alone.

I’m recording too for the sake of anyone in the future who may not have access to the history of all this. For those who might wonder how the human race was conquered without any real fight at all.

They began their pre-invasion preparations decades before they arrived in the motherships and landing craft. They attacked our minds when we were young and impressionable. They did it with pictures and music. They did it in the most effective and perverted way imaginable. They made us love them.

We saw what they looked like, what they would look like, daily on our television screens. We watched and laughed and grew emotionally attached to the images of them. And we even joined them in song. The bastards.

When they arrived, when they stepped out into the sunlight in DC and elsewhere, we stood there immobilized in shock. It seemed impossible but at the same time so real and familiar. They had control of our military before we could break free of their spell. A handful who hadn’t been brainwashed tried to resist. They were swept aside like you’d brush an ant off your leg.

Try not to blame us. We were disarmed by warmth and gladness at seeing them in the flesh. Our great childhood friend. The oh so familiar purple and green reptile with the toothy white grin. Only these teeth were pointed.

They’re coming now. I can hear the music in the distance. And I can’t fight it. God help me I want to sing along.

I love you. You love me. We’re a happy family...

287

In*va"sion (?), n. [L. invasio: cf. F. invasion. See Invade.]

1.

The act of invading; the act of encroaching upon the rights or possessions of another; encroachment; trespass.

2.

A warlike or hostile entrance into the possessions or domains of another; the incursion of an army for conquest or plunder.

3.

The incoming or first attack of anything hurtful or pernicious; as, the invasion of a disease.

Syn. -- Invasion, Irruption, Inroad. Invasion is the generic term, denoting a forcible entrance into a foreign country. Incursion signifies a hasty and sudden invasion. Irruption denotes particularly violent invasion. Inroad is entry by some unusual way involving trespass and injury.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.