Debut album from the Vigilantes of Love. Produced by the band (which consisted at this point of Bill Mallonee and a handful of studio musicians). Initially released in 1991, Jugular was re-issued the next year with three additional tracks from the Killing Floor sessions. Again re-issued, this time with a different cover, in 1998. Considered by many to be the best of VoL's early albums, this collection of songs possesses a remarkably full sound, despite lacking any bass or percussion to speak of.

Tracklist:

  1. Weak One Now
  2. Songs on the Radio
  3. Something to Hold Onto
  4. As Big as Christ
  5. Love Coccoon
  6. In the Morning
  7. Thorn In Your Flesh
  8. Take no Prisoners
  9. Watching the Moonlight
  10. Flames of Hell
  11. America
  12. Drunk on the Tears
  13. Losin' It (reissue only)
  14. Words of Love Spoken (reissue only)
  15. Who Knows When the Sunrise Will Be (reissue only)

Ju"gu*lar (?), a. [L. jugulum the collar bone, which joins together the shoulders and the breast, the throat, akin to jungere to yoke, to join: cf. F. jugulaire. See Join.]

1. Anat. (a)

Of or pertaining to the throat or neck; as, the jugular vein.

(b)

Of or pertaining to the jugular vein; as, the jugular foramen.

2. Zool.

Having the ventral fins beneath the throat; -- said of certain fishes.

 

© Webster 1913.


Ju"gu*lar, n. [Cf. F. jugulaire. See Jugular, a.]

1. Anat.

One of the large veins which return the blood from the head to the heart through two chief trunks, an external and an internal, on each side of the neck; -- called also the jugular vein.

2. Zool.

Any fish which has the ventral fins situated forward of the pectoral fins, or beneath the throat; one of a division of fishes (Jugulares).

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.