A Knickerbocker Glory is an ice cream-based dessert common in England. In America it would be considered a type of parfait or ice cream sundae.

Knickerbocker Glorys are created by layering ice cream, fruit, flavored syrup, custard, jell-O, nuts, sprinkles, whipped cream, or pretty much anything else you can think of. They are traditionally served in a tall, stemmed, clear glasses, to show off the layers to good effect. There are, as you might imagine, hundreds of different recipes, and the original Knickerbocker Glory has been lost in the mists of time. As best as we can guess, they first appeared in the 1930s and quickly spread through the ice cream shops of England. Those of us who are not fortunate enough to live in the British Isles can still make our own, however.

Tem42's Knickerbocker Glory

Place, in this order, in a tall glass:

  • 1 small scoop of vanilla ice cream (because your last bite needs to include ice cream!)
  • A dollop of chocolate syrup.
  • A much larger dollop of custard.
  • A good thick layer of fresh strawberries.
  • Just enough custard to cover the strawberries.
  • Another layer of ice cream. If you had the foresight to buy Neapolitan ice cream, you have choices.
  • More syrup. Chocolate is best.
  • Crushed peanuts are optional.
  • Whipped cream. Lots is best.
  • A little more chocolate syrup.
  • A cherry.

Enjoy!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.