Directors: Luis Buñuel, Salvador Dalí
Cast: Max Ernst, Pierre Prevert, Gaston Modot
Duration: 63 minutes

Made in 1930, the second collaboration between Salvador Dalí and Luis Buñuel (the first was Un Chien Andalou) was a scathing attack of Christianity at the time. Some choice bits include images of patricide, a dog being crushed to death, a blind man being harassed. The inflammatory nature of the film angered several political and religious groups, leading to riots and protests at the screenings of the film. Due to both public response and the film's content, L'Age D'Or was banned in several countries for more than thirty years. Nowadays it is occasionally shown in theaters around the world. It is available for VHS purchase, but is rather obscure and expensive.

Name of a record label located in Hamburg, Germany, owned by the LADO Musik GmbH, which is also owner of the Ladomat 2000 label (the electronic music counterpart of L'Age D'Or). It was founded in 1988 by Carol von Rautenkranz (still producer of many important German Rock records) and Pascal Fuhlbrügge because of the lack of support for new Punk and Rock bands in Germany in these years, when the bands of the neue deutsche Welle ("new german wave", came some years after new wave; german lyrics) were still hyped while the demand after such music was dropping.

In 1986 and 87 they arranged concerts of local bands with completely different music genres in Hamburg as an agency, on October 22, 1988 the label itself was founded, its first release being a single by Kolossale Jugend ("thundering youth"): "Kein Schulterklopfen". Until 1990 the label had helped forming a strong and innovative independent music scene in Hamburg. Due to some financial troubles in 1991 they signed an agreement with Polydor and have since signed the majority of important German Rock bands, especially from the Hamburg School, thereunder Tocotronic, Die Sterne, Ostzonensuppenwürfelmachenkrebs, Blumfeld, Die Aeronauten, Fink, GUZ, Stella, Superpunk as well as republishing Dionysos' album Haiku in Germany.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.