Leet Adjective: HaXor spelling of the english word "elite". See also LanFlat.

See Antonym: unleet

Let us not forget the even more elite spellings of elite, such as: l33t, 1337, 3r33t, 31!T3. Of course, the number of permutations is astounding, and demonstrates the vast creativity of today's script kiddies.

Are you elite?

I have a friend who considers himself to be an elite Haxor. To put himself in this position he is a boring person, sits in front of his computer all night, does not have a girlfriend or many friends at all and does not have a life outside of his room. I have to ask, is this what it takes to be leet at someting?

I believe that everyone is elite at their own things, in other words everyone is good at certain things. Personally, I am new to using this programme and the internet, and because I have not been fortunate enough to do these things earlier I am ridiculed for it by my friends.

I am told that I am the boring simply because I was not aware of some things that existed. I do not ridicule my friend for wanting to sit in front of a computer all night, I simply don't understand the 24 hour fasination. And in return I am the one that is made fun of because I am not smart.

Yet when my friend is not on the computer he is turning the microwave on and defrosting a frozen meal that he buys from the local supermarket. Meanwhile I am cooking and baking fantastic tasting meals and eating healthy. I am ridiculed for this.

My point is that some people are not good at things and laughed at for it. I am not good at the internet and computers yet my friend is. Good for him, maybe someday I will understand why. However I am good at cooking and he is not. Maybe someday I will get the chance to teach him. He calls himself an elite haxor because he is on the computer constantly. Does he realise that the smell of freshly mowed lawns, or fresh baked bread, or crying babies and tumbling waves exists?? I don't think so, and I'm sure he doesn't care because he hasn't been more than 5 kilometres from his house to find out.

Leet (?), obs. imp.

of Let, to allow.

Chaucer.

 

© Webster 1913.


Leet n. [Cf. AS. hlt share, lot.]

A portion; a list, esp. a list of candidates for an office.

[Scot.]

 

© Webster 1913.


Leet, n. [LL.leta. Cf. F. lit de justice a solemn sitting of the king in Parliament, L. lis, litis, a lawsuit, It., Sp., & Pg. lite.] Eng. Hist.

A court-leet; the district within the jurisdiction of a court-leet; the day on which a court-leet is held.

Shak.

⇒ The original intent of the court-leet was to view the frankpledges or freemen within the liberty; hence called the view of frankpledge. Latterly it has fallen into almost entire disuse.

Burrill. Warren's Blackstone.

Leet ale, a feast or merrymaking in time of leet. [Obs.]

 

© Webster 1913.


Leet, n. [Etymol. uncertain.] Zool.

The European pollock.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.