The most popular brand of Liquid Latex is that sold by Deviant. I have seen other brands, and used other brands, I assure you, Deviant is the way to go. Their prices are about the same, and the quality is deff. better than anyone else. Deviant uses the same formula used in the theater industry for cosmetic applications in theater and film.
Liquid Latex is available in a wide range of colors. This includes all the basics, plus metallics, and pearl colors. Clear and flesh tones are also available.

To order Deviant latex direct they do have a website up at http://www.liquidlatex.net

Or by phone, I guess. I haven’t called this number, it's in San Jose, CA.: 1-888-DEVIANT

Before you even bother to call or look them up however, I suggest that you read the following list of ingredients, I know a LOT Of people who have very sensitive skin and can't use this stuff:
Natural Latex Rubber, Water, Ammonia, curing agents (mostly sulfur)

This stuff is great fun in all sorts of applications. The most obvious is in sex play, but it can also be used for plays, costumes, and painting onto surfaces you want rubberized. I painted some around the edge of my monitor once and then pulled little strands of it up and made my monitor look creepily organic.... the uses are about the same as your imagination can come up with.

A note about removing items from skin that isn’t given in the instructions: Even when fully cured, natural latex will stick to itself, you need to coat it with something to prevent this. Deviant sells an over-priced form of silicon oil, it works great and leaves the latex VERY slick and shiny, but it's not cheap and can further irritate some skin. I have found the best thing for keeping latex from sticking is baby powder, or talc. Just make sure you use enough to fully coat the item, this means making a BIG mess, so do it in a shower, or outside (outside is more fun...kinky).

One last note on the "warning" about using this stuff as a prophylactic (condom): The jar says it cannot be used as such, and this is very close to true. If you do try to make a condom from it you'll probably find the tip never seals right. Don’t give up, pull it off once it's dry, and then make the tip on the end by hand. These things are NOT strong, and will NOT keep your partner from getting diseases or pregnant!! Use common sense!
One idea I have is to make a condom from this stuff, then put a normal condom on over it... I would imagine it would feel rather bizarre and would maybe be safe. But of course, don’t do it if you have any doubts.... and have fun :)

A note about the application of liquid latex: keep it the hell away from hair.

This should be somewhat obvious - but we tested it on arm hair first and that seemed to work out okay... let me tell you, pubic hair is a completely different sort of problem.

After one particularly deviant evening dancing around in a friend's apartment covering out bodies with liquid latex and photographing our newly mutated looking genitalia we suddenly discovered it had adhered itself quiet nicely to our native fur.

Two hours sitting in the hot hot water of the bathtub wailing as two grown men (well, somewhat grown...) try to extricate vulcanized rubber from their nether regions is no fun. Let me tell you.

There were moments while wielding a pair of scissors with wild abandon where I was convinced I'd be latexed for life.

Fingernail polish remover can be used to remove this stuff. Just make sure you are in a well-ventilated area. Lotion may work as well, and is safer; however, it is also much slower.

You do want to keep Deviant Liquid Latex out of hair. BUT, if it gets stuck in hair, you can work it out with baby oil and a comb. Petroleum products, such as baby oil, have the inherant property of breaking down the integral compound of cured latex. That's why one should never use baby oil as a sexual lubricant when wearing a condom.

Using Armor All will eventually work because it's a petroleum-based product, but it will be a much slower process than using straight baby oil. Armor All should not be used on any latex clothing or products that you want to keep in one peice for any lenghth of time.

Deviant sells Slick Polish (http://www.rubberwear.com/slick), which is ideal for polishing Liquid Latex and latex clothing and is only about $5 for a spray bottle that lasts through dozens and dozens of applications. Slick is silicone/water based and is generally inert to the skin.

If Liquid Latex isn't the thing for you, you might want to try the new Vinyl Fashion Tape, a "wrap-on vinyl clothing" product (http://www.DeviantLatex.com/tape).

Have fun!

A few years back, I had a housemate, Steph, who was deeply into the goth scene. We drove up from Bloomington, IN to Chicago to go to a goth/industrial club night called Hell. Hell was run by a couple of Boston-based DJs (Lady Bathory and Cusraque) and featured some floor shows in between music sets.

One of the floor shows was a dance piece entitled "The Emasculation of Pan". In it, a buff young male dancer sporting a goat mask and a papier-mâché strap-on was seduced, disemboweled, and castrated by a shapely female dancer ("The Spider Queen") who emerged from a cocoon.

The dance piece was partly notable because the bit where Pan got killed involved apparently-real animal entrails (which I fervently hope they got at a butcher shop rather than from some DIY source).

I didn't see much of what they did with the animal intestines, because by then I was trying hard to not look at the stage.

Why?

Because the female dancer's costume consisted entirely of a coating of mottled gray liquid latex. About thirty seconds after she appeared on stage, she did a dance move in which she spread her legs and bent over.

And her latex ripped, right in the place you'd expect it to rip.

The $64,000 question is, of course, why she'd chosen to slather herself in latex in lieu of wearing a g-string. Maybe the burn of the latex on her pink bits felt good to her. Maybe she'd been wearing her Bad Idea Jeans all day. Maybe she'd flunked basic physics.

I have no answers.

All I have is the vivid, unforgettable image of the most intimate details of that girl's ass abruptly revealed beneath the bright lights of the stage.

That was when I decided that my boot laces were really, really interesting. The next time I dared take a peek at the stage, she was winding a loop of animal guts around the guy's neck.

And so I went back to scrutinizing my laces.

Later that night, when we were getting drinks and munchies in the back buffet room, we ran into the female dancer, who was now wearing a pair of black shorts to cover her costume failure. She looked moderately embarrassed, but seemed to be trying to be a trouper about things.

"Normally I wear more clothing than this," she laughed nervously.

 

Flash forward to two months later. Steph and I and our friend Drea were back in Chicago. We went to a downtown shoe store called 99th Floor, which carries all manner of punk/goth/industrial/rave stuff.

Steph found a pair of thigh-high leather boots she wanted to try on. She got them on over her jeans okay, but getting them off again was a problem. So I tried to help, tugging on the boots in a way that was most amusing to onlookers.

Drea said, "Jeez, Steph, why don't you just dip your legs in liquid leather."

The shopkeeper misheard her and thought she'd said "liquid latex".

"Oh, don't mess with that stuff!" he exclaimed. "My dancer friend used it on herself 'down there' for a show a couple months back, and she got a raging yeast infection! I hadda drive her to the women's clinic!"

Apparently, embarassing oneself in front of a packed crowd of clubgoers is not the only side effect of believing that liquid latex is a suitable and adequate coverage for one's nether regions.

So (as Paul Harvey might say) now you know the rest of the story

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.