user since
Tue Oct 29 2002 at 22:54:30 (21.4 years ago )
last seen
Thu Sep 16 2010 at 04:36:06 (13.5 years ago )
number of write-ups
69 - View littlerubberfeet's writeups (feed)
level / experience
7 (Chronicler) / 3024
mission drive within everything
Make the world smile
specialties
film and audio production, music business and law.
motto
That's Interesting...
most recent writeup
12AX7
Send private message to littlerubberfeet

Recently said:

littlerubberfeet Is the OED in the public domain?

$ haze lrf: you're kidding, right?

no......I wasn't, but it is a crazy idea. Shame we can't autonode the first edition...sigh.

Etymology of my handle.

Littlerubberfeet comes from an obscure, early 90's computer joke. The story goes about like this:

A taxi driver in New York picked up a guy from an Apple conference, in which they were presenting the Newton PDA. The taxi driver had to put up with this guy all the way to La Guardia airport. The taxi driver finally got sick of him, and asked the sales person "Does it have LRF support?" The sales person responded, "I'm sure it does, I know it does, it has everything...but what is it again?" The taxi driver finally told him at the airport that it was Little Rubber Feet support, refering to the small rubber squares on the bottom of computer equipment. The egotistical salesperson was thus made a fool of by a taxi driver. This joke sunk into obscurity after a brief appearance in Wired magazine, for obvious reasons.

E2 Stuff

User Bookmarks:

Sort by name Sort by date